not able to access the resports externally RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am facing an issue in accessing the crm custom reports externally. there is one report which will navigate to another report when a row in the report is clicked. this report works fine within the intranet however when i access the report by logging into crm using the full qualified name, the navigation is not working. when click the navigation in the report a new browser is getting popped up with the error message in the status bar of the browser.

the error which i get the browser is as follows.

'top.treditfilter.style' is null or not an object

Can anyone provide me solution on this issue.

thanks

Chris 

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:39 AM

All replies

•  

Dear, can you check it plz

First check your IE for windows authentication..

installed CRM 3.0 rollup #2 

connect to the http://servername/reportserver

Try to re-config  the report services(Reporting Services Configuration).

You can check following as well..

1. Can you open your reports server? http://servername/reports
    2. create a new application pool and set the following virtual directories to run on that pool
    /Reports/
    /ReportServer/
    3. Then change /Reports/ and /ReportServer/ to run on .net 2.0
    Do this by going to IIS and expanding your CRM web site. You will have the reports virtual directories listed there and on their properties menu there will be a .net tab where you can choose what version to run.
    4. verify you can now access your reports server.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:09 AM
  • I am able to access the report server using the fully qualified name. i am still facing the issue in accessing the report externally ( from internet).

thanks

Chris

Monday, March 3, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Chris,

When you access report from extenal, have you put CRM server url and Report server url into the Local Intranet site on IE settings? Try it.

Cheers,

Jim

Monday, March 3, 2008 12:24 PM
  • jim,

i added the CRM server url and the report server url into the local intranet site on the IE settings. the report is popping out blank when selecting the report from CRM. the site that comes in the status bar of IE is our report server URL without the domain name. i tried accessing the report server using the qualified name i am able to access the report server and the reports.

thanks

Chris

Monday, March 3, 2008 2:59 PM
  • Chris,

I remember there are some settings in the IE:Local Intranet

1. across different domains

2. launching programs in IFRAME

Please check if these settings are enabled?

Cheers,

Jim

Monday, March 3, 2008 3:14 PM
  •  

hi,

still i am not able to browse the custom reports from the internet. i am getting a blank screen when i try to open the custom reports from internet. Is there any solution or work around for this issue.

thanks

Chris

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:05 AM