Import emails - From field not populating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on a migration from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2013. Note: We're NOT going the CRM 4.0 --> CRM 2011 --> CRM 2013 upgrade path.  We're starting with a fresh instance of CRM 2013 and i've prepared the migration for accounts, contacts, even appointments etc. using the OOTB import functionality of CRM 2013 (which works great btw) and .csv files extracted from CRM 4.0.

Only problem I have left is importing the emails. And then specifically to populate the From field. It just doesn't seem to work. In the import definition there are two fields that seem available to set the sender of the email, one field named "From" and one named "From (lookup)". The lookup does work. But many emails in the current CRM 4.0 system have been tracked from an email address that does not resolve to a contact in CRM. Instead it just has the email address of the sender. So we need to import unresolved emails. Problem is: it looks like it should work using the "From" field in the import definition. But the result is that the emails are imported without having the From field populated.

Does anybody have a solution for this? 
    FYI: CRM 2013 is onpremise with Rollup 2 installed. 

Any information on the subject is welcome. 
    Bertil

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:41 AM

All replies

• Bertil,

I tried the email import and experienced same results when using the From field. Noticed that there is an option to map to 'Unresolved Address' if you choose the From (lookup) but it doesn't allow to choose anything and the OK button is disabled too..

Probably the support team can help with this.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, April 11, 2014 6:49 PM