Desktop Support A+ Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to get A+ certification: Comptia A+ (220-701) and (220-702) or something similar like Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST).

I have some kind of training from my local college, but I guess it’s better to get certified to include that on my resume.

What should be my Microsoft path for certifications? I am looking to work as a Desktop Support/on-site PC Helpdesk at this point of time.

I want to practice the exam online, before I pay the fee for the actual test. What are the websites for online tests and score? Also, suggest web-links for web resources to read and prepare for the actual Tests?

Other related info is welcomed.

rafta

Saturday, April 2, 2011 3:01 PM

Answers

• Hi, rafta.

Microsoft Learning is phasing out the MCDST certification titles. These titles are only good for supporting Windows XP.

Instead, I recommend that desktop support technicians earn the MCST and MCITP titles for supporting Windows 7. There are other certification titles for Vista as well, but it is always best to get certifications on the latest Microsoft products.

70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring
    MSPress Exam Study Book: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Microsoft Windows 7

70-685: PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
    MSPress Exam Study Book: MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-685): Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

Learn more here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsclient.aspx#tab3

Good luck on your certification goals!

Best wishes,
    Davin Mickelson

Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:29 PM
    Answerer