none
"Proposed Answerer" medal stuck? RRS feed

• Question

• It seems to me that these medals are stuck.  I have proposed literally thousands of answers, which have subsequently been marked as "Answer", and I have a measly Bronze "Proposed Answerer I"

I "propose" that the medals are stuck.  Is there any way of checking this?

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

What's new in Powershell 3.0 (Technet Wiki)

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:24 PM

Answers

• First, as I understand it, the "Proposed Answerer" achievements are for replies of yours that someone else marked as a proposed answer. I'm not sure if it counts if you mark your own reply as "proposed answser". The Curator achievements are for replies you mark as proposed answers and answers (if you are not a moderator you have no hope those).

I've found no way to find how many of my replies have been marked as proposed answers. I also cannot determine how many proposed answers or answers I have marked.

I just looked, and I'm also in the same boat, with just the bronze "proposed answerer". I have no idea if 500 of my replies have been marked as a proposed answer. However, I've tracked much of my activity since mid December 2011, and since then I have contributed 157 proposed answers (again, I don't know if they later became answers, or if it matters). Strangely, in that time 251 of my replies have been marked as answers. Also, I have marked 215 answers and proposed 390, so it seems to be harder for me to have my replies marked as proposed answers.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:54 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 12:40 AM

All replies

• I think I'm in the same boat. 

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Windows System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool

Friday, March 2, 2012 11:20 PM
  • First, as I understand it, the "Proposed Answerer" achievements are for replies of yours that someone else marked as a proposed answer. I'm not sure if it counts if you mark your own reply as "proposed answser". The Curator achievements are for replies you mark as proposed answers and answers (if you are not a moderator you have no hope those).

I've found no way to find how many of my replies have been marked as proposed answers. I also cannot determine how many proposed answers or answers I have marked.

I just looked, and I'm also in the same boat, with just the bronze "proposed answerer". I have no idea if 500 of my replies have been marked as a proposed answer. However, I've tracked much of my activity since mid December 2011, and since then I have contributed 157 proposed answers (again, I don't know if they later became answers, or if it matters). Strangely, in that time 251 of my replies have been marked as answers. Also, I have marked 215 answers and proposed 390, so it seems to be harder for me to have my replies marked as proposed answers.

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:54 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 12:40 AM
  • As a side question, at what point does one get a "Forums Replies IV"?

Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:03 AM
  • Forums Replies IV       Replied multiple times to Forums. Silver 2000  Forum Post Reply

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool

Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Sorry, I meant Forums Replies V (gold).  I've got the IV (silver).

Rich, where did you get that info?

Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:10 PM

OK, I see.  So it's the Forums Curator that I'm aiming for.  I would like to know where one can see all the medals, and the requirements for each one?

Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Forums Replies V Replied multiple times to Forums. Gold 5400   Forum Post Reply
    Forums Replies VI Replied multiple times to Forums. Gold 15000  Forum Post Reply

It is in the TechNet/MSDN FAQ.

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool

Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:32 PM
  • Click on a profile, then FAQ, and you get this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:37 PM
  • OK, thanks guys.  It's nice to see where the milestones are. 

Saturday, March 3, 2012 3:07 PM
  • This is in the FAQ above, do you have some specific question? Curator needs Answer Marking (not your own answers) and helpful voting activities. Different levels needing different counts.

Community Forums Program Manager

Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:21 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, Brent, the FAQ and Richard's explanation straightened it out for me.  There is no problem, but there was a problem with my understanding of "Proposed Answerer".

Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:54 PM
  • I've found no way to find how many of my replies have been marked as proposed answers. I also cannot determine how many proposed answers or answers I have marked.

@ Richard

Have you tried using the  RSS feed of your Activity?   E.g. if you subscribed to that perhaps you would be able to find out if there are rarely seen verbs (or keywords) which you could filter with?   For example, with the current 100 that I can see I can get

• Voted 8
    • Contributed 20
    • Replied 36
    • Marked proposed 17
    • Quickly 13
    • Included code 3
    • Wiki 2

That's 99, so I have missed one.   In order to find it I might have to resort to a PowerShell pipeline to sort and list unique prefixes to title elements.   See my report about my experiments on that tack in an Answers Feedback post.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Saturday, March 3, 2012 6:09 PM
  • Robert,

I actually do similar work, but I just copy and past my activity page and keep running totals. The activity page keeps changing, but my script now shows the following current counts (for the keywords I search on):

Marked an answer: 0
    Marked a proposed answer: 16
    Voted a helpful post: 8
    Quickly answered a question: 14
    Included a code snippet when answering: 3
    Anwsered a question: 1
    Contributed a proposed answer: 4
    Contributed a helpful post: 16
    Identified a helpful topic: 0
    Replied to a forums thread: 36
    Update a Wiki article: 0
    Commented on a Wiki article: 0

I have been out of town a week, so I have not moderated in a week and have marked no answers in the last 7 days. But I started doing this in mid December because I had no idea how close I was to Curator III. To Teddy's point, I noticed that Curator I requires that you mark 10 answers, Curator II requires 50, and Curator III 1000. That last one is one of few achievements I can look forward to, and I had no idea where I was between 50 and 1000. I need to copy my activity and run my script about every other day to avoid losing activity. As noted above in this thread, since mid December I've counted 215 "Marked an answer". I have no idea how many I had before then.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:51 PM