Office 2010 VL install asks for no code, OGA doesn't see Office 2010 as a product RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Office 2010 from volume licensing on a machine and it asked for no product key code
    And Office Genuine Advantage senses no qualifying product when I attempt to check.

When will OGA start testing for Office 2010 and is it normal for VL media to not ask for a keycode?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Susan,

As far as not being asked to enter your Volume License key during install, that is outside my area. You may try asking in the 'Install, Upgrade and Activate' section of the Office Answers forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

As for when Office 2010 will start being recognized by Online Validation.  I have not been told.  

Windows 7 was out for around 6 month before it was able to use Online Validation, so it's possible it could be some time.  You may try contacting your MVP Liaison, as they may be able to find out this information or may be notified once the avaliability becomes imminent.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Friday, May 7, 2010 10:46 PM

All replies

• FYI you have to hit "help" and then you find where the key is needed. 

Not very obvious IMHO.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:19 PM
  • Hello Susan,

As far as not being asked to enter your Volume License key during install, that is outside my area. You may try asking in the 'Install, Upgrade and Activate' section of the Office Answers forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

As for when Office 2010 will start being recognized by Online Validation.  I have not been told.  

Windows 7 was out for around 6 month before it was able to use Online Validation, so it's possible it could be some time.  You may try contacting your MVP Liaison, as they may be able to find out this information or may be notified once the avaliability becomes imminent.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Friday, May 7, 2010 10:46 PM
  • What it is is Office 2010 VL preinstalls as a KMS deployment and assumes you'll stand up a KMS server.  If you are like me and a MAK licensee, go into help and enter the MAK key there.

Monday, May 10, 2010 6:43 AM