Buys/Sells Not Showing in Money RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using PocketSense to upload transactions in Money, but lately I haven't been able to see Buy and Sell transactions.  Dividends appear to be showing fine.  I've checked the OFX files and they are showing the Buy and Sell transactions fine.  This is for a normal nonretirement brokerage account.

• Edited by TheMaineMan Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:51 PM
    Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:44 PM

Answers

• I updated to the latest version of PocketSense and that seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for your help, as always.
    • Marked as answer by TheMaineMan Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:57 PM

All replies

• Strange symptom. Problem with the OFX, or something else? Here is a test:

File->New->NewFile.  Name it something like Test1.mny. To do that, type the name as Test1, and Money will supply the .mny extension automatically.

Click Next.

Select (*)I don't want to use a password.
    Next.
    On page titled "Add your accounts", click "Skip account setup.".
    On page titled "Congratulations" click Finish.

Next, with that new file open, run the OFX file from your XFR folder of Pocketsense. Money should then ask about an account. Let Money create an account, and see what shows up. Are the buys and sells there?

To switch back to your regular file, Click File and select your real file from the list at the bottom of the drop-down list.

Sunday, December 2, 2018 3:01 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I followed your instructions and the buys and sells didn't appear in the new file.  Interest income from the brokerage account did but not the buy and sell transactions.

Monday, December 3, 2018 4:31 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I followed your instructions and the buys and sells didn't appear in the new file.  Interest income from the brokerage account did but not the buy and sell transactions.

That eliminates some possible causes.

If you wanted to prepare a redacted copy of the *.ofx file, you could post the file or contents. At a minimum, change the indentifier following <ACCTID> to something like 1234567. If you like, you could change balance amounts.   You could delete all of the <INVBAL>... </INVBAL> section. If you overly modify the file, it could make it not useful.

The point would be that somebody could look at your file, and spot the reason that it does not work. Then you would know. It's possible somebody could provide a modified scrubber.py file.

It is possible that you could feed that info back to your broker, and they could get their people to fix the OFX/QFX bug. That tends to be less likely.

You could just provide the broker name. Others may have experience.

Monday, December 3, 2018 4:52 PM
  • The broker is E*TRADE and the account is a margin account.
    Monday, December 3, 2018 10:18 PM
  • I updated to the latest version of PocketSense and that seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for your help, as always.
    • Marked as answer by TheMaineMan Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:57 PM