How can I show enterprise custom fields in a Project Site in PS2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I wanted to asked for help with the following problem:

- We have PS2010 with SP2010 and when a new project is created the system generates a new project site but by default the title says "Welcome to your site" and so on. But I'd like to show the Title of the project in order to replace the "Welcome to your site" message (and I also would like to add another Enterprise Custom Fields associated to the project). How can I do this?.

Thank you very much

Regards

Carlos Negroni

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Carlos,

You need to edit the site, this is available under site actions (top left).  Displaying custom fields is available as a solution starter

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter, and the WSPs are available in the earlier releases.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

• Marked as answer by CNegroni Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:11 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Agree with Ben as usual.  You could also use InfoPath.  I have a blog post coming out this week on the topic.  You could create an InfoPath form that queries the Project Server database based upon the workspace URL....then returns any values you wish in the same form.

It circumvents security, but is still doable I suppose.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Monday, June 18, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Hi Ben:

Thanks for your answer. I'll evaluate this alternative but it seems code based and I don't know about .Net

Best Regards

Carlos Negroni

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:11 PM
  • Hi Andrew:

I saw your blog and you have tons of information so I'll need years to review all that. Anyway, I'll study your InfoPath alternative because it is not code based (although I don't know too much of Infopath). And I guess that if you can do that with Infopath then you could do something similar with SSRS.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Carlos Negroni

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:16 PM