Tarik Farooq: windows xp and windows 7, which is better RRS feed

• Question

• Here Tarik Farooq. I am going to format my PC because of viruses and have used windows xp up to now. my question is that which one is better between windows xp and windows 7 versions because I know advantages of windows xp but totally unaware of windows 7. So advice me which one is better to install for my PC or tell me about any other latest version which have more advantages than these two.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:04 PM

Answers

• Windows 7 is far superior to XP in almost all areas - it's that simple.

It does, however require much higher specification hardware than XP to run decently - 2GB RAM being the major requirement.

Windows 8 was released a few months ago - and will run on almost anything that ran Windows 7 (and is cheaper) - See if your machine can run that, by going to....

www.microsoft.com/Windows8

and running the Upgrade Assistant - you don't have to purchase it!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:59 AM

All replies

• Windows 7 is far superior to XP in almost all areas - it's that simple.

It does, however require much higher specification hardware than XP to run decently - 2GB RAM being the major requirement.

Windows 8 was released a few months ago - and will run on almost anything that ran Windows 7 (and is cheaper) - See if your machine can run that, by going to....

www.microsoft.com/Windows8

and running the Upgrade Assistant - you don't have to purchase it!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Thank you Mr. Noel for your reply. Please don't mind but I have heard that Windows XP can go with all programs ( all programs can run through Xp) while Windows 7 doesn't have this quality. Is it right?
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:46 AM
  • Windows 7 will run almost all programs that XP runs - some may need to run in Compatibility Mode.

The Upgrade Assistant will tell you if any of your installed programs are known to be incompatible with Windows 8

Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:56 AM
  • thank you sir for your kind help. Sorry for delaying. Right now working on Windows 7.  It is working smoothly.
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:58 PM
  • No problem - thanks for the feedback!

Good luck with it.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:12 PM
  • If you install either Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate, you will have the ability to download and install the FREE Windows XP Mode.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:23 PM