CRM 4 - Scheduling Reports gives a Exception error RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a couple CRM 4 installations and all of them are giving a runtime error when trying to schedule reports.

Running reports works fine, we can even select the Scheduling a report and then do a direct snapshot... just the scheduling that gives a error.

And the error does not provide much detail..... just gives a general CRM error message box and then a link to Microsoft Dynamics website for support.

Anyone come across the problem or know what to do in order to get Report Scheduling to work?

Thank You

Otto

Friday, March 7, 2008 9:50 AM

Answers

• SRS Data Connector is required in CRM 4 if you either have a distributed server setup or if you want to schedule reports (even for a single box deployment).

Once you install the Data Connector, you would need to run a CRM report through CRM and not directly through Report Manager. This will make CRM set the data sources and other properties properly to taken into account the install of data connector.

Lastly, the two data sources that you see are for different kinds of reports. The one in inside the company's folder is the one used to run CRM reports. The one outside it is used to run reports that you publish for external use from CRM.

HTH, Thanks

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, February 28, 2011 7:24 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:51 AM

All replies

• Otto,

Can you see any error on event log on the SSRS server? Have you installed report connector if SSRS and CRM are on different servers?

Jim

Saturday, March 8, 2008 10:29 AM
  •  

Hi Imran

I will try these links out ......

One thing I am not sure of is that when I tried to run the report the first time it said that the SSRS Data Connector needs to be installed.

I thought the connector was only to be installed when there are multiple servers.....

This instance everything is on one server ( CRM, SQL, SSRS, AD, Exchange, etc)

Then when I installed the SSRS connector, it gave the message as per one of the links you send....

I will try creating the report for external use and test the scheduling again.

Not sure where the multiple datasources comes in... cause when I look @ the report manager... there is only the one source for all the default CRM reports.

if you could assist to understand that as well?

Thank You

Otto

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:01 PM
  •  

Just one thing I do not understand.....

Why does the CRM 4 system have two configured datasources in Reports Manager.,... One is directly under the Company's folder and then the other one in the same folder as all the other default Reports?\

Before I installed the SSRS Data connector... the default reports were using the datasource in the folder where all the reports are. I could run the reports then before problems.

Now with the connector installed.... none of the reports work.

If I change the reports to use the other datasource in the main folder .... they work again?

Why should the SSRS data connector be installed on a single server deployment?

Thank You

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:02 AM
  • SRS Data Connector is required in CRM 4 if you either have a distributed server setup or if you want to schedule reports (even for a single box deployment).

Once you install the Data Connector, you would need to run a CRM report through CRM and not directly through Report Manager. This will make CRM set the data sources and other properties properly to taken into account the install of data connector.

Lastly, the two data sources that you see are for different kinds of reports. The one in inside the company's folder is the one used to run CRM reports. The one outside it is used to run reports that you publish for external use from CRM.

HTH, Thanks

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, February 28, 2011 7:24 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:51 AM