Restore default WHS website RRS feed

• Question

• I have changed the default website for WHS many times trying to learn different things about building websites. Now if I would like to put everything back to the way it was is there a preferred method without the complete reinstall of the WHS software. I have turned off the website for now
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:37 PM

Answers

• I turned websites off and then did a restart and then turned websites back on and this has a least gotten the default WHS website page to come back. I have a few broken links on that page but think I can correct those easy enough. thanks

• Marked as answer by Rtimm227 Friday, December 26, 2008 8:40 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:40 PM

All replies

• The only supported way to restore the default web site is a server reinstallation, I'm afraid. This is a special installation mode, presented in addition to "new installation", which will preserve the data in your shares and (normally) your backup database. You'll need to re-create users (who will be reconnected with their personal folders on the server), re-join home PCs, re-install add-ins, and redo any other customizations you may have performed outside of the WHS Console.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:56 PM
  • Hi,
    Not too much help, but unless you saved the default web sites before you started your learning experience, then your only option I'm afraid, is either hoping you can get someone to copy them off for you, or, as you say, doing a re-install is the only option I'm afraid.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:56 PM
  • I turned websites off and then did a restart and then turned websites back on and this has a least gotten the default WHS website page to come back. I have a few broken links on that page but think I can correct those easy enough. thanks

• Marked as answer by Rtimm227 Friday, December 26, 2008 8:40 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:40 PM