Windows Live One Care Not Responding RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on the Liveonecare icon, to open windows liveonecare .the page comes up,but not able to do anything. When I click on anything, like Check for updates, or scan for virus. It comes up Widows live onecare not responding. I have checked trouble shooting and it suggests that I uninstall and then reinstall. Because When I purchased onecare, I purchased it from a retailer and they installed it and I do not have the keys. Will I need them to unistall.reinstall? Or is there a fix with out uninstalling?

Thankyou
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 3:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• You will need to know your subscription LiveID if you reinstall. You can find that under Help/About in OneCare. If you do not know the LiveID and password, then you should contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 8, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Hi

I have found the problem with windows live one care not responding. When I download programs it quits responding. I downloaded Firefox, that is when I firist noticed onecare not responding. I did an system restore, everything back to normal. I downloaded the new Java update. Windows one care quit responding. Did an system restore everything back to normal. I really would like to have these downloads, but I need Windows live Onecare as well. I think that I should be able to have both.

Any Ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks

Walter

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:16 PM
  • Downloading and installing legitimate software should not cause issues with OneCare. All I can think of would be that there may be conflicting security software on your PC that is scanning the download/installer and causing OneCare to hang since it, too, wants to scan the download/install. If that isn't the issue, your best bet is to contact support as I suggested before:
    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:22 PM
  • HI!

Why not try disable or stop the services of onecare then download and install these two programs.  If you have downloaded and installed it successfully, enable or start the services of onecare right away to run a virus scan, just to make sure that after you have downloaded those stuff, everything is still okay with your PC.

Hope this works for you too.

-----
    bayabasgirl29
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:53 PM