possible pirate copy vista RRS feed

• Question

• After posting my first try at "resolving this matter" I received two replys 1-stated threads removed r something?????confusing
                               2-received link from (mike) I thought it said from microsoft support; typed the below message back in reply & was told by hotmail automated postmaster forum the reply could not go through, more confusing???
    So now am sending this as a question. still confused??  J-Patton  @ledbetterhookhotmail
    Mike;
    I am not real good @ the maze of computer technique anymore due to some health issues  not that I was any good before.  Anyway I tried what u suggested w/no luck.  keep getting same message, no windows update-ect. it seems this is effecting my computer & its performance.
    I bought new (toshiba sat.) 2 years ago w/wiindows vista key# on back of computer XXXX-XXXX-XXXXI put this in to no avail; A friend purchased the laptop for me in Houston, Tx. 
    Why does this happen many weeks after I got the laptop back from repairs??  Could it be a virus?  but then why the microsoft involvement?  I really don't understand.  J-Patton  

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Friday, August 28, 2009 6:51 PM Don't trype your Product Key on a Public Forum
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hello J-Patton,

Once your Run the Diagnostic Tool, click the "Copy" button, then come back to this thread, click the "Reply" button (below) then press the CTRL keyboard key and the V keyboard key at the same time.  (CTRL + V) this is the keyboard command for "Paste".

If you are still unable to paste your Diagnostic Report I recommend creating a (no cost) support request at
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 for further assistance.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:52 PM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:00 PM

All replies

• Hello j patton,

Your original post was made to the general Vista newsgroups and one the moderators moved it here, while adding a quick fix for you to try.

It's probably best for you to start at the beginning, stay in this thread now that we have it, and follow these instructions for assistance:

"Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool found at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

"Run the Tool, click "Continue" then click the "Copy" button. Return to this thread and Paste the report into the thread along with a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.

"Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine. The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000])."

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:42 PM
  • Attn: Dan ITT Associates

Got your note; went to diagnostics & ran system check; came up VALIDATION STATUS:  Invalid License (in red); validation code 50

Tried multiple times to (copy) w/no luck????  So did the tech here run a pirated copy of window r what u think; I have taken laptop in multiple times to same place w/out problems, I am in ensenada mx.  Oh yeah last time they replaced hard drive r cleaned it up??
    Anyway I would like to get back to square one. thanks J-Patton 

Friday, August 28, 2009 5:29 PM
  • Hello J-Patton,

Once your Run the Diagnostic Tool, click the "Copy" button, then come back to this thread, click the "Reply" button (below) then press the CTRL keyboard key and the V keyboard key at the same time.  (CTRL + V) this is the keyboard command for "Paste".

If you are still unable to paste your Diagnostic Report I recommend creating a (no cost) support request at
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 for further assistance.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:52 PM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:00 PM