Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 Professional installed on my laptop, and I can't get windows update to work at all it tells me its not available, and that is all the time. I've tried everything Shutting down my internet security completely just can't get this back. I had a hard drive failure and replaced my hard drive and reloaded from Dell recovery disks and Dell data safe backup, had to reload my Norton 360, and Microsoft Office have seen error messages a couple of times for non-digital drivers installed so I reloaded the programs and they work IE HP Printer. and still got that message couple days later. I've tried reloading all the downloads from Dell for my computer but can't tell if they all got installed. And installed all drivers from Dell but still don't know if thats what iy needs cause it still does not do windows updates. Have seen the error code 8000FFFF but when I went through Microsoft troubleshooting only got more error messages on each of the steps that it asked me to perform so that don't work. please just log onto my computer and fix it please. my Email is edward_fox1957@hotmail.com I'm lost in Denver Colorado...
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum is to Discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios. Please first check the FAQ before posting a question. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thank you,

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak MCP since 1993 Please click "Mark as Answered" if a post solves your problem Please click "Vote As Helpful" if you find the answer helpful

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update?tab=all

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:40 AM