Cant NOT Install Performance and Reliability Pack RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just bought a new Toshiba Qosmio AV425 Laptop from MicroCenter and unfourently I can not install the "Reliability Pack" since my Windows Explorer is keep on crashing!!!!!

Performance and Reliability Pack (KB938979)

I did the Windows Genuine ofcourse and tryed installing the WIndows Vista 32 and 64 Bit and says, "The update does not apply to your system."
    • Changed type JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:24 PM Comment, not question.
    Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:15 AM

All replies

• Performance and Reliability Pack (KB938979)

This neither performs nor is reliable.

Windows problems and solutions centre recommended this as a fix but I got the same error except that my system is an ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Model F3F system memory of 1016.00 MB RAM 32-bit operating system with 2 Intel processors.

I now have a PC Notebook that is incapable of using Windows DVD Maker to burn a DVD and a windows explorer incapable of exploring the folders on a DVD without crashing.

Interestingly I can xcopy the files from the DVD to the Hard Drive and view the copies in the explorer without any errors.

I cannot say for certain but I am reasonably sure that I have reported in excess of 600 errors to Microsoft in the year that I have had this PC running Vista.

If a car had one tenth the faults that this has had the company would have been forced to issue a product recall notice.  Perhaps they feel that these problems are not life threatening so need not be taken as seriously. I must say however that trying to complete University assignments without the delays and distractions that these errors have caused me is getting to the point where the stress involved is very quickly becoming life threatening.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 11:50 AM