Let's answer all unanswered questions in this forum! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello my fellow experts,

If you need free points, please check the unanswered questions and answer those questions (even if the questions are year old). Once you response, in two to three weeks I will mark those answered and you will get the credits (10 Points per marked answer). The idea is following, even though your answer may not help the original person who asked that question but this forum comes up in search engines very easily, so if someone else has similar question, your answer will help them.

It’s also good to see that we expert can handle all type of questions. J

Good luck and keep helping.

“If you stop learning today, you stop leading tomorrow.”

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hmm ... I am not really seeing that much sense in that. But if it is important for you, I will have a look at some older questions, too. (So far I concentrated on the new topics only)

The point system was funny at the start, but I have to say: After some weeks it is no longer that important. I do not really care about all this anymore. Even a user with all medals can write such a big garbage and proove that he can be a real idiot (not talking on topic and starting to just talking stuff that has no technical value but should keep the talk going / put the other is a bad light). Or even a MVP can start discussions, in which I simply ask myself: Did he try to understand?

So what is the value of some more points or a title like "MVP"? I do not really see it any longer.

(And yes, that is really sad. Because it is only just a few single people destroying a picture that hundreds of people tried to build up. But that is the reality. And maybe I am just to old to see some Medals and run afterwards them :) )

So all I can promise you is, that I will have alook at some older posts and write an answer if I can. (But is it worth the time? If there was no answer in 1 month then the chance is almost 0 that the author is still looking for it ... so when I answer anything, the answer is for you (And if we ever meet it will cost you a beer :) But luckily for you; The chances for that are quite small :) )

With kind regards,

Konrad

Edit: Most stuff is answered. Spend some time to go through all the pages but I didn't find old posts where I could help (Sorry, but I am living in the wrong country or speak wrong languages to help in mosts postings that are not marked as answered. But some I was able to  propose as answer ... Maybe it helped a little but I thought first I could help more. So I earned no beer :) )

Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Rubel,

I'll have a look and start at page 154 (or shouldn't we go back that far ;-). Free points aren't the reason for me to answer questions. I get the satisfaction out of the responses if i was able to help someone. What I do think is usefull is that you and the other moderators take the time to mark the questions that were answered as answered because quite a few posters do forget that. You should get extra credits for that. So i'll have a look at some older posts and see if we can answer them. I do agree that answering 'old' questions will make search options in search machines a lot easier.

So let's see what we can do.

Maurice

Well i guess we did our job Konrad ;-). So Rubel only a few more and we can focus on the new questions again.

• Edited by Maurice Ausum Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:06 PM update
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:35 PM
  • Thank you Konrad and Mourice. I know neither of you doing this for points or medals. My intention was nowhere near to put any of your efforts down. I know genuinely you are here to help others so I apologize if I hurt any of your feelings. My intention was nothing more than a clean forum and more traffic via search engine. I will delete old questions or move them to off-topic area if you guys don't see the value.

If any of you ever come to NY, let me know. Dinner is on me. J

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 1:15 AM
  • Hi Rubel,

at least my feelings was never hurt and I think you are doing a good job in here (If my first answer shows something like that, then I am sorry. English is not my main language so maybe I am unable to find the correct way to also express something like feelings. My first answer just came in a time when I was surprised to read some answers of a few people. (In germany we have a saying that is translated something like "Feeling of being in the wrong film".)

And I was very surprised when I was going through the pages to find unanswered questions. And it was hard to find anything :) I think this prooves, that the forum has active members that are willing to help. And so far I feel "home" again after microsoft decided to shut down "my" microsoft.* newsgroups.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Rubel,

No hard feelings ever. Like Konrad said it was hard to find any unanswered questions. Seems lik an active forum to me. In regards to the old posts i'd say keep them for reference often you cab refer to or search by answer and some questions do have pretty good answers.

Keep up the good work ;-)

Maurice 

Monday, August 16, 2010 9:42 PM
  • Only two questions left:

Looks like we did it. Thank you guys. Cheers! :-)

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:39 AM
  • Konrad and Maurice can you please send me your email addresses at rubel.khan@live.com

Thank you

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:55 PM