replace drives RRS feed

• Question

• Concern about my data when adding and removing drives in whs server storage option if the data will be safe.
    Some drives are old and need to be replaced.

Steve

Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It will be fine, as long you still have space left, here better words from the whs team in this Topic.

My best.
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:58 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Regarding the backup data, still no way to do that, we have to wait since the OEM is out, and maybe addon or other third-party software will have better solutions for it.

For the issue within the WHS, any images utilities will do it in some way, did not try that myself, but it is possible tho.

WHS design to be able to change the system disk if it failes with another, so at least there are protection in the considration matters.

My best.
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It will be fine, as long you still have space left, here better words from the whs team in this Topic.

My best.
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:58 AM
  • Thank you Abobader.

Any way to backup the backup data and whs it-self?

Steve

Saturday, August 25, 2007 1:24 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Regarding the backup data, still no way to do that, we have to wait since the OEM is out, and maybe addon or other third-party software will have better solutions for it.

For the issue within the WHS, any images utilities will do it in some way, did not try that myself, but it is possible tho.

WHS design to be able to change the system disk if it failes with another, so at least there are protection in the considration matters.

My best.
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 1:33 AM