none
SyncToy has detected that you haven't synchronized folder pair Shared Data with the following endpoint C:\Shared\Data\. Would you like to continue?

Question

• Greetings,

I am trying to sync the following folders:

C:\Shared\Data to F:\Backup\Data

However I am getting the following message when I try to run SyncToy for the 2nd time on the folder pair..

"SyncToy has detected that you haven't synchronized folder pair Shared Data with the following endpoint C:\Shared\Data\. Would you like to continue?"

So my question is what exactly is an "endpoint" in the message I get above?

---

Important note that there were several errors the 1st time I ran SyncToy on this folder pair.

It's seems that SyncToy and even Microsoft Backup have a problem backing up files in really deep folders with extrmely long folder paths.

Here is a sample line from the 1st SyncToy log file..

Error: Cannot write to the destination file. The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. Creating folder F:\Shared\Data\PROJECTS\Faena Hotel\Saxony files - Ken Sattell\Repository\Permits and approvals\1.08  HPB Certificate of Appropriateness; Ht & CR\g. Modification to order 10-18-11\Application drawings 08-23-11\Appendix A - Existing and Approved Floor Plans

I am a little nervous about proceeding without first understanding the prompt from SyntToy above.

Can anyone jelp clarify this for me?

Sunday, May 12, 2013 2:15 PM