Display Custom Field in Merge Window RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom field on the Account entity which I would like to display in the Merge window when a user is merging two Account records. There are no field security permissions against this field and it is being displayed on the Account form; however, when I start the "Merge Records" process (via the Merge button in the ribbon) the field is not displayed.

Can anyone advise? My customers need to be able to select which data from this field should be applied to the winning record.

We are using on-premise CRM 2011.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:05 PM

Answers

• There was a custom form that did not include the custom field. Once I added the field to this form (and set it to hidden per business rules), the custom field was then visible on the Merge window.
    • Marked as answer by Meghan Deaver Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:21 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Duplicate detection could not resolve your requirement on custom fields. For this purpose you could use plugins.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:02 PM
  • Hello,

I am not utilizing Duplicate Detection for this process; this is a manual merge of two Account records.

I have been able to expose other Custom fields from the Account form in the Merge window; however, this specific field is not appearing.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:05 PM
  • There was a custom form that did not include the custom field. Once I added the field to this form (and set it to hidden per business rules), the custom field was then visible on the Merge window.
    • Marked as answer by Meghan Deaver Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:21 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:20 PM