Streamng Vs Playing Vs Sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am new to WHS and anything related to WHS. So, please be gentle with me.

I have recently setup WHS, copied my collection of pictures, videos, and music to WHS and enabled sharing of libraries. I did find WHS on my Blu-ray player, I could navigate to various folders, and play the media. Everything is fine in that aspect, but that is not streaming, is it?

What I am hoping to do is play music on WHS (using WMP or a similar player) and have the music broadcast in my surround sound via the Blu-ray player. Just like a radio station. I used to think that is streaming - am I wrong?

I can do that using a DNLA server Android app from my phone. I play the music on the phone and my Blu-ray player relays/broadcasts the sound through the surround speakers. I will choose what I play and what I skip on the phone. Sound system has no control.

Is it possible to do that using WHS? I looked at a number of documents on the Internet, but they all describe how to "see" the music on the server and play the music in the client. If I missed a document that describes how to truely stream the music, please point me to that document.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Regards.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

• Never mind. I found out that WMP's "Play To" option does what I am looking for. Wonderful!
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, May 25, 2012 7:30 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:24 PM