cid pop-ups RRS feed

• Question

•  

im using windows live one care but i still get cid pop-ups. what should i do?

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• You have an adware infection that One Care either cannot detect or cannot remove. Please contact support for help with removal. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, July 28, 2008 10:01 PM
  • I don't recommend this for those with not much registry  experience cause if you delete wrong thing you might be fixing or reloading your OS.  But my wife's p.c in the last week, she evidently, downloaded something and got CiD hungup on her computer. Constant pop-ups. I fixed it in 5 seconds by editing the registry and getting rid of it. Worked perfectly.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:02 PM
  • cheryl23,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Live OneCare program forum. In support of Jim, if you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare may not have detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

Start here to contact support:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

If your question has no relation to using Windows Live OneCare, then your question is off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for malware or Windows Help.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Friday, September 26, 2008 3:39 PM