Windows Live Domain with godaddy DNS

• I have been trying to setup the domain name by using windows live domain.  However the setting is always been pending with notice "You need to prove ownership of this domain by creating a DNS record. Use the settings below."  I have checked with godaddy and all setting is what the Windows Live Domain information.  I have been using google app without problem and now my user said they want to try to Windows Live Domain email hosting.  So i used another new domain for testing.

is there any thing i need to do in order to get it up and running???

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:08 AM

All replies

• To all,

This was happening to me as well no matter how many times I added and readded the MX, TXT, and every other else record. It was well beyond the 72 hours and was quite frustrating. I use GoDaddy as well.

So I decided to delete my current MX, TXT records, etc that were there for my current mail server from another service (I made a copy in word just in case I had to put them back in). Once I did that and added in the live MX record stated on the admin site it worked like a champ. In fact within a few minutes.

Hope this helps. It was frustrating following the directions to no avail, but glad to have it working now.

• Proposed as answer by SJI86 Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:10 AM
  • i was having the same problem and Paul's answer worked!

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:20 PM
  • Paul's solution worked for me almost instantly. Thanks for the post.
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:17 PM
  • Paul's solution worked for me as well. Thanks Paul
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:08 AM
  • Thankz Paul...
    Friday, March 21, 2014 11:32 AM
  • Thanks Paul.
    Friday, April 11, 2014 9:20 PM