problem seeing site RRS feed

• Question

•  

hello,

my website doesn't seem to be coming up correctly in the search results. several weeks ago i added the site:

www.redroostercafe.us

but when i search "red rooster cafe" or even "redroostercafe.us" i don't see it listed anywhere.

however, if i type the site command "site:redroostercafe.us" that shows up, so i guess it's there, but any other way i don't seem to see it.

is there something i'm doing wrong? it's a pretty basic and straightforward page. there's nothing fancy about it. am i missing something? results for "redrooster.com" comes up, even though there is nothing there....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

clint

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Clint,

Sorry, guess I hurried this one a bit last night. I noticed it said, "download menu" and, well, I didn't click on it. I'll take a deeper look and see if I can come up with anything else. Again, some of this is just keyword competition. We are not far different from Google's results. 

Brett

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your site is there as you said. I think that you are getting pushed back in the rankings due to other, larger sites. I looked at "red rooster cafe" on all three major SEs and they all showed basically the same sites. I reviewed your site and I think the main issue is content. On your front page all a SE can really see is text, so hours etc, is great, but it really doesn't give the SEs anything to judge relevance. You could start by making your menu available on the web instead of a download that the crawler can't see. Take a look at your competitors--all the different restaurants--and get an idea of what they are doing that you are not.  These are just a few suggestions.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:23 AM
  • Hi Brett,

Thanks for your quick response. When I do a search on Yahoo, the site comes up first.

And all the menus are avaliable directly on the web page in text, as well as downloadable PDF links (which i thought the SEs could also see). It seems like it should be the most relevant thing to come up....

Is there anything else i should be doing? I added a sitemap, even though the site isn't a complicated one, as there are only five basic links that all link off the main page.

Clint
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Hi Clint,

Sorry, guess I hurried this one a bit last night. I noticed it said, "download menu" and, well, I didn't click on it. I'll take a deeper look and see if I can come up with anything else. Again, some of this is just keyword competition. We are not far different from Google's results. 

Brett

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:53 PM