none
MCPD.......!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• can any one tell that what are the terms and conditions for MCPD  like how much experienced candidate should be any how much it will be help full for freshers ......???

lets do it ....
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:39 AM

Answers

• Well, the web page that describes the MDPD certification says "The MCPD certification is designed to provide hiring managers with a strong indicator of your potential job success. It requires two to three years of relevant experience and a commitment to remaining current in best practices and technologies." However, this is only a recommendation. You can sign up for the exam, and no one will verify whether you do have the two to three years of relevant experience.

That said, I believe that it is not easy to get the MCPD without experience. The MCTS is a different thing: you can pass the exams by just studying the training materials, even if you do not have significant experience using the relevant product. But the MCPD adds a "PRO" exam on top of the MCTS, and this one cannot be easily "studied"; many of the answers are easy based on experience and logic, but you will find them challenging if you just studied a training guide and never did any relevant production work.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:15 AM
  • I agree fully to Alberto and just want to extend it a little bit:

You can read a lot about the stuff, that is covered in the PRO exam in my eyes. But that is not that straight forward as the other technology based exams. But there are good books regarding Unit Tests, Software Development Oranisation, Object Oriented Analysis and all these topics that gets important from what I saw so far. (I just had a small look into it so far. I am not a MCPD so others might have a better view!)

As a new developer, I would concentrate on the technologies and study them one by one. Do not focus on the exam - instead focus on the technology! The training kits are already a great ressource, but you should really play around a lot. It might me possible to hurry through the topics and pass the exams, but at the end you will fail in interviews when you are asked questions that you only know if you got some experience.

I hope this added a little information and was helpfull a little.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:23 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Well, the web page that describes the MDPD certification says "The MCPD certification is designed to provide hiring managers with a strong indicator of your potential job success. It requires two to three years of relevant experience and a commitment to remaining current in best practices and technologies." However, this is only a recommendation. You can sign up for the exam, and no one will verify whether you do have the two to three years of relevant experience.

That said, I believe that it is not easy to get the MCPD without experience. The MCTS is a different thing: you can pass the exams by just studying the training materials, even if you do not have significant experience using the relevant product. But the MCPD adds a "PRO" exam on top of the MCTS, and this one cannot be easily "studied"; many of the answers are easy based on experience and logic, but you will find them challenging if you just studied a training guide and never did any relevant production work.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:15 AM
  • I agree fully to Alberto and just want to extend it a little bit:

You can read a lot about the stuff, that is covered in the PRO exam in my eyes. But that is not that straight forward as the other technology based exams. But there are good books regarding Unit Tests, Software Development Oranisation, Object Oriented Analysis and all these topics that gets important from what I saw so far. (I just had a small look into it so far. I am not a MCPD so others might have a better view!)

As a new developer, I would concentrate on the technologies and study them one by one. Do not focus on the exam - instead focus on the technology! The training kits are already a great ressource, but you should really play around a lot. It might me possible to hurry through the topics and pass the exams, but at the end you will fail in interviews when you are asked questions that you only know if you got some experience.

I hope this added a little information and was helpfull a little.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:23 AM
    Answerer