CRM 2011; How do I remove all changes made to an entity RRS feed

• Question

• I created a solution in CRM 2011. I then added some existing entities to the solution and made changes to them as requested by my employer. I then published the Solution so my employer could test the changes.

The problem is that my employer wants me to restore one of the entities to it's orginal state. IE discard all the changes I made to the entity and republish it in it's original state. I can not find any feature CRM 2011 that allows me to accomplish this.

If I use the Solution->Entity->Remove button, then the changed entity is just added to the Default Solution.

If I use the Solution->Entity->Delete button, the the entity is completely deleted from the system.

The only other way I can see to resolve this problem is to remove the entity from my solution. Export the solution. Rebuild my CRM Organization form scratch. Then import the solution file, which no longer contains a reference to the entity.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it really this hard to undo changes?

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:25 PM

Answers

• Because you are working in a development environment, with unmanaged solutions, there is no "roll-back" functionality. You will have to manually undo all the changes.

Once you export that solution as managed and import it into another organization you can easy roll back by uninstalling the solution.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• Because you are working in a development environment, with unmanaged solutions, there is no "roll-back" functionality. You will have to manually undo all the changes.

Once you export that solution as managed and import it into another organization you can easy roll back by uninstalling the solution.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I just discovered I didn't have an email address configured to receive alerts (such as your replies to my post).

Managing changes using a solution is certainly an improvement over CRM 4.0. I'll just have to live with the fact that changes can't be rolled back for unmananged solutions.

Regards

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:11 PM