CRM 2011 outlook client - Configuration problem - Organizations not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am configuring outlook client for CRM 2011  - out installation is On-premise and we have Four different organizations.

When configuring the outlook client only two organizations only appearing,

I dont understand why other two two organizations are not appearing in the configuration wizard?

Please Help me out.

Thanks and Regards

Ravi

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

• Have you added the user to all of the organisations and also make sure you have given them a security role

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

• Marked as answer by Ravi kumar E Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:25 AM
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Hi

I resolved this problem

1) You need to add user to all the organizatin and give security role as mentioned by Hoskinator

2) if it is still not appearing then there is problem in how you have created the organization by importing the backup database, probably in the step mapping of users you have to select  custom mappings ------> keep existing user mappings. ( for on premise installations only)

3) if you have not imported the organization as mentioned above , then you have to configure the organization as the first organization in outlook client.

Thanks and Regards

Ravi

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravi,

Not sure if this may be the case, the issue may be related with the settings used when you imported the other organizations keeping the existing user mappings, e.g. maintaining the same ID's as the original database.

The Outlook client config wizard then looks up the ORG's and any duplicate GUID's will not be displayed.

Do you remember which options you used when imported the orgs?

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Edited by nrodriEditor Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:32 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi nrodri,

The other organization which I imported from the existing database, one organization I am able to see but other organization which I followed the same procedure  , I am unable to see.

Thanks and Regards

Ravi

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:59 PM
  • Dear Ravi ,

Please Map the user and enable the user in CRM other organization .

Thanks & Regards Dhamodharan R

Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Have you added the user to all of the organisations and also make sure you have given them a security role

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:39 AM
  • I have the same problem: only some organization are displayed.

I have admin role on all the organizations but just some of them are shown.

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Hi

I resolved this problem

1) You need to add user to all the organizatin and give security role as mentioned by Hoskinator

2) if it is still not appearing then there is problem in how you have created the organization by importing the backup database, probably in the step mapping of users you have to select  custom mappings ------> keep existing user mappings. ( for on premise installations only)

3) if you have not imported the organization as mentioned above , then you have to configure the organization as the first organization in outlook client.

Thanks and Regards

Ravi

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:25 AM