Entity Permission RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an entity Category that can be assigned contact with a N:N relationship.

I can't understand why I can make assignment only if the user is a System Administrator. If not, the user does not see the icon Category when I open the contact to make the assignments.

I suppose it's a problem of permission or role settings.

Does anyone knows what it could be?

thanks

Danilo

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Danilo,
    custom entities have their own permissions, you need to add the permissions inside the roles you want to enable to use them.

You can open the role, they are listed under the last tab called Custom Entities.

System Administrators have access to all entities by default, for this currently you can only use them with System Administrator.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danilo Lemma Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Danilo,
    custom entities have their own permissions, you need to add the permissions inside the roles you want to enable to use them.

You can open the role, they are listed under the last tab called Custom Entities.

System Administrators have access to all entities by default, for this currently you can only use them with System Administrator.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danilo Lemma Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:23 PM
  • Thanks Guido.

Now everything works perfect!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:57 PM