none
Designer lost. RRS feed

• Question

• So, I was writing a game and I made the form that includes the game borderless. Then I saw a small arrow on top of the form, like the ones in the pictuerboxes. I selected an option which makes the form a tabbed form. Then I did undo(CTRL + Z) the remove it and deleted the devexpress tool that came with the option. After that Visual Studio started to not respond. So I closed it. And when I reopened it, there was no designer for the form with the game.

And this is the error in the Form1.Designer.cs:

protected override void Dispose(bool disposing)
            {
                if (disposing && (components != null))
                {
                    components.Dispose();
                }
                base.Dispose(disposing);
            }

Dispose gives error.

Please help as fast as you can because  I had over 450 lines of code in the project, it was going great and I don't want to lose it.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

In Solution Explorer do you see the form.designer.cs file? Also since a third party library is used I recommend posting your issue in their forum https://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/Question/List/1

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:09 PM