What do the green check marks and red exclamation points mean? RRS feed

• Question

• The files in my mesh folders on my device now what appear to be some sort of status indicator on the file icons.  Some have green circle with a check mark, others have a red cirlce with an exclamation.  What does this symbolize?
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:51 PM

Answers

• this got my curious, so I Googled it.  Turns out it may be Mozy.  The files I sync that have these marks are the same ones I back up with it.  Green check=OK, red exclamation=needs to be backed up

Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:57 PM

All replies

• What kind of device?
    Is this a new setup of Live Mesh on the PC or on a mobile device?
    If you try to access one of the files with an overlay, what happens?
    If you go to the notifier on the PC, assuming it is a PC, any messages for you to deal with?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:03 PM
  • do you use a program called GoodSync?  I have files like this in some of my mesh folders, just not all.  I decided it was probably from GoodSync, which is what i used to use to keep several folders in sync across a couple of PCs.  I still have them, and it's been a while (been using LM for a year).
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:33 AM
  • this got my curious, so I Googled it.  Turns out it may be Mozy.  The files I sync that have these marks are the same ones I back up with it.  Green check=OK, red exclamation=needs to be backed up

Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:57 PM