Folder limits? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any limits to the number of files and folders that can be included in a Live Mesh folder?

I have a folder with 5,140 files in 337 sub folders for a total of 4.3GB that I want to use with Live Mesh. However I don't get the Add Folder To Live Mesh option when I right click on the folder in question. It's not a system folder (it's a folder in My Documents and I'm sharing a handful of peer folders with no problems). I'm also able to share a folder with 5.9GB , so it's not the overall size that's the problem.

Thoughts, anyone? Is the number of items the issue, or is there another reason?

(In a similar question, why is there no Add option on the Documents folder under Vista?)
    Monday, July 14, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

A single Live Mesh folder can contain up to 100,000 files.  But jordanmills is correct: currently a Live Mesh folder cannot contain other Live Mesh folders.  So if the folder you want to add to your mesh already has meshed folders in it, you would need to remove those folders from your mesh before adding the parent folder.

I hope that helps,

Ben.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 9:01 PM

All replies

• Pretty sure the add to live mesh option won't appear if child folders are already in the live mesh.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 5:28 PM
  • Hi,

A single Live Mesh folder can contain up to 100,000 files.  But jordanmills is correct: currently a Live Mesh folder cannot contain other Live Mesh folders.  So if the folder you want to add to your mesh already has meshed folders in it, you would need to remove those folders from your mesh before adding the parent folder.

I hope that helps,

Ben.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 9:01 PM