locked
A WMI instance for a policy could not be located RRS feed

  • Question

  • Has anyone come across the following

     

    I have created a new meeting policy definition.

    Assigned it to a user.

     

    When the user logs on they are not given the option of organizing a meeting.

     

    Further in the OCS FE event log the following is shown

     

    Source: OCS User Service

    Category: (1006)

    Event ID: 32060

     

    A WMI instance for a policy could not be located.

    Failed to find a WMI instance for policy instance GUID = {5D2FC3C4-23ED-4841-831C-A02536FD4AD9}. Using the default instance for the policy.

    Resolution:

    Check if the policy instance has been deleted and reconfigure any settings that reference this policy.

     

    I have tried wiating for an hour to see if the error clears after ad replication but no go.

    I was wondering if there is some bug and the format of the policy name is important?

    Monday, March 17, 2008 3:02 PM

Answers

  • Sorry about the long delay in answering.

    Anyway the issue was resolved after re-starting the server and installing all the latest hotfixes

    945055, 945172 & 949260

     

    Interestingly I had two front end servers and after further investigation I found that one was working perfectly however the other was not updating itself.

     

    Changes to other setting such as voice routes would not be honoured by the faulty front end server while the other would.

    After installing the hotfixes and the services restart the voice routes starting working correctly also.

     

    Friday, May 30, 2008 11:38 AM

All replies

  • Can u chk this GUID in either client or Conf Server registry...

     

    Also do u get any Hex error codes ?

     

     

     

    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:36 AM
  • Sorry about the long delay in answering.

    Anyway the issue was resolved after re-starting the server and installing all the latest hotfixes

    945055, 945172 & 949260

     

    Interestingly I had two front end servers and after further investigation I found that one was working perfectly however the other was not updating itself.

     

    Changes to other setting such as voice routes would not be honoured by the faulty front end server while the other would.

    After installing the hotfixes and the services restart the voice routes starting working correctly also.

     

    Friday, May 30, 2008 11:38 AM
  • Thanks for this post.  I am having simular issues after removing a Mediation Server from our farm.  I will give this a shot tonight and see what comes of it.  Thanks Again!!!
    Brian Davis, MCP
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:53 PM