Can't open Microsoft Money 2005 Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Recently I've acquired a new computer and for that installed the Microsoft Money 2005, from the original CD.

After doing so I’ve copied the backup files and the original information files into the hard drive of the new computer.

The version installed is 14.0.120.805

I’ve been trying to update it but also couldn’t do it.

I can’t open the files.

Money keeps trying to convert the files into Money 2005, and cames back with the following message:

“Money will convert your file so that you can work with Money”

After choosing <Next>

Pops a message saying that

“Money cannot locate the file because it’s a read only file or you do not have permission to change it”

Can someone help me and tell me how to open my Money Files?

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:13 PM

All replies

• Common problem. Don't use your Money 2005 disk for installs anymore. Instead download the appropriate install file via a link from the first posting on this forum. Running that will install 14.0.120.1105. I would keep a copy of that file on a CD.

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Hi again,

Can you please point the way how I get to the to the first posting on this forum?

Vinhaisvf

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:03 PM
  • http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3 with title "Installation File Download Info for Microsoft Money Users for US, UK, International English and France".

It is not the first chronologically, but it is presented first because it is marked as "Sticky".

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:15 PM