create an ssrs report for single record RRS feed

• Question

• i had an requirement to create an report for the single record in my entity there are some 600 to 800 fields but user required to  see only few fields that are some 50 to 100 fields related to calculation.

in the main grid user select  the record and click on the ribbon button then a the report should open of related fields.

am nt getting how to do this if you have any idea plz help me?

ms crm

Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi DiCaprio,

To create an report for single record for specific Entity, you have to configure your report with below options:

Related Record types - "Entity"

Display In - Forms for related record types

When you configure report with above configuration, report run only in the Context of Current record. 

In your custom report you will add only required fields of the Entity to show. Hope this will help you.

For Example plz check below screenshots :

f my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!! - Krantikumar

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi DiCaprio,

To create an report for single record for specific Entity, you have to configure your report with below options:

Related Record types - "Entity"

Display In - Forms for related record types

When you configure report with above configuration, report run only in the Context of Current record. 

In your custom report you will add only required fields of the Entity to show. Hope this will help you.

For Example plz check below screenshots :

f my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!! - Krantikumar

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:50 AM
  • Hello Kranthi thanks for the reply

as you mention that the report will show for single record

but i like to generate report for only one record.

for that i need to pass the record recordid into the query condition 

am not getting how to pass the recordid into the query please help me out this.....

ms crm

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:29 PM
  • CRM handles passing the the record id for you if you your the configuration Krantikumar noted. You can look at the existing "Invoice" report that comes as one of the default reports - when run within the context of an Invoice record, it only returns the data relevant to that record. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi Dicaprio,

If you are using FetXML query for creating SSRS report then you have to make enableprefiltering="1" which generates Input paraemeter to take "RecordId" in query condition.

For example. Please check below screen shots of one of my reports, showing use of enableprefiltering="1", which runs only for Selected(Opened) form record.

After making enableprefiltering =1 , make sure that you click on "Refresh" to refresh schema and parameters. 

You can check the Parameters section, showing automatically added "@CRM_Opportunity" parameter added, as shown below. 

Hope this will help you. 

If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!! - Krantikumar

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:15 AM
  • thanks for the reply

but am using sql queries its possible through sql queries also...

ms crm

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Hi Dicaprio,

Please try this. Use Filters in a Report

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328288.aspx).

This explains how to use pre-filtering in both format (Query & Fetch XML).

Hope this will help you.

If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!! - Krantikumar

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:24 AM