Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have purchased the Small Business Subscription "1 Year of OneCare for Server + OneCare Site License"

I have installed Live OneCare on a SBS2008 server, with 10 workstations, all in "the circle"

I am wondering if 2 additional servers on my network can be joined to the circle as part of the site license.

The additional servers are a 2008 Terminal Server, and a 2003 Standard Server.

I am not sure if these two operating systems are even supported by OneCare, so that may be a first question to answer.

Thank You!
    Friday, April 3, 2009 4:44 PM

Answers

• The other 2 servers are not supported as clients. You would need two additional server licenses for them *assuming* that they are 64 bit Windows Server 2008. OneCare for Server will not install on 32 bit Server 2008.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:37 PM

All replies

• The other 2 servers are not supported as clients. You would need two additional server licenses for them *assuming* that they are 64 bit Windows Server 2008. OneCare for Server will not install on 32 bit Server 2008.
    -steve
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:37 PM
  • I'll also add that the other 2 servers won't be part of your Circle as they would need to be activated with different LiveIDs, one for each license, again assuming that it would install on those servers. Personally, I'd look at other options for them as OneCare and OneCare for Server are both end of life products. Your subscription will be supported for the full 12 months, but they will not be able to be renewed when they expire. The clients will be able to switch to the free Morro antivirus program being developed, but all of the Circle and management functions are out. I don't know if there will be anything offered for the server or if customers will be steered to the much more costly ForeFront family of products.
    -steve
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:40 PM
  • Thank you very much for the detailed replies, Stephen!

Friday, April 3, 2009 7:08 PM