Calling Speech Server from Communicator via OCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Does anybody know how to set this up. I already have Communicator\OCS working with Exchange in a test environment for voicemail, but how can i allow people using Communicator to phone my test speech application running on Speech Server 2007 beta.

I have setup the OCS server as a trusted SIP peer to the Speech Server, but i dont know what to do now...

What address\number do i type into communicator? What do i need to do on the OCS server to route things properly?

Im cross posting here and in the main OCS forum as im not sure where the configuration needs to be done.

Best Regards,

Mark

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:28 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Check out my post here: http://gotspeech.net/blogs/michaeldunn/archive/2007/08/29/speech-server-and-ocs.aspx

It tells you how to have OCS and Speech Server communicate.

Friday, August 31, 2007 2:20 PM
  • I was followining all the suggested steps but something weird is happening.

Using the voip test tool I'm getting the following response:

Registration State: Registering->Registered
    -----
    Session State: Idle->Connecting
    Provisional Response: 100 Trying
    Exception Message: The requested operation failed.
    Session State: Connecting->Idle
    Response Code: 404 Not Found
    Diagnostics: Error ID=1008
       Reason=Unable to resolve DNS SRV record
       Source=%address_of_my_accessedge_server%

Why is it trying to resolve the DNS srv records of my edge server? The static route has been set matching the domain name. I'm using the VOIP test tool from my OCS frontend server. My external DNS records were also registred on my internal DNS but after removing them and flushing the DNS I still get thje error.

/Thomas

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:36 PM