Writing Windows Media Center software in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm really interested in writing some Windows Media Center software in Visual Studio 2010. I have had a quick go but can't seem to get anywhere. I have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Windows Media Center SDK 6.0 and I had expected that this would mean that I would be able to create projects that open up this api to me. However nothing has changed. Does this need a later version of the SDK to work or am I simply barking up the wrong tree?

Any advice would be appreciated
    • Moved by Brittany Behrens Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:04 PM Question about Windows Media Center SDK (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    • Moved by The March Hare Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:01 PM not about Media Foundation SDK (From:Media Foundation Development)
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers

• I am not sure what do you mean "writing ... siftware in Visual Studio 2010". If you want to extend VS with something i.e. something related to Media Center you might find Visual Studio SDK helpful. If you expected that such extensions be a part of Media Center SDK - well this is a question for Media Center guys
    Monday, November 30, 2009 1:39 PM

All replies

• I am not sure what do you mean "writing ... siftware in Visual Studio 2010". If you want to extend VS with something i.e. something related to Media Center you might find Visual Studio SDK helpful. If you expected that such extensions be a part of Media Center SDK - well this is a question for Media Center guys
    Monday, November 30, 2009 1:39 PM
  • He means: Is there going to be a Media Center SDK update that adds the Media Center project types to Visual Studio 2010. Currently the Media Center SDK only work with Visual Studio 2008.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 7:19 PM
  • Yes, could you please give some information on how we can get the WMC SDK Project Templates going in VS 2010?
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:16 PM