CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions install error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All - im trying to install Reporting Extensions onto my SQL Server. However, i keep getting the following two errors at the 'System Check' stage:

GroupsValidator.Failure.GroupNotSpecified PrivReportingGroup

and

Could not find GUID for: BIPUL-SQL$ with SearchFilter: samAccountName. The local computer is not joined to a domain or the domain cannot be contacted.

I'm pretty sure the machines are all on the domain as i am logging onto the SQL server with a domain user. The machine is part of the domain, not a workgroup.

The PrivReportingGroup does exist on the domain controller as a security group (as well as about 4 others created by the CRM installation)

I have setup the Domain controller, SQL Server, and CRM server myself, but i'm not pretending to the be an network administrator. i'm sure i am just missing one slight config in the domain controller bit. Is anyone able to help?

CRM 2011 itself works - except for the reports as it says that reporting extensions is not installed. I cannot create another Organisation either due to this.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bipul.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Try taking the server off the domain and then rejoining it; it may have become disconnected or abandoned by the domain for one reason or another; this could also happen if the machine is a clone of another (which is a common folly of VM cloning).
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    • Marked as answer by bshah1985 Monday, November 14, 2011 8:09 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:29 AM

All replies

• Try taking the server off the domain and then rejoining it; it may have become disconnected or abandoned by the domain for one reason or another; this could also happen if the machine is a clone of another (which is a common folly of VM cloning).
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    • Marked as answer by bshah1985 Monday, November 14, 2011 8:09 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:29 AM

Thank you! that seemed to work (as well as removing one of the virtual network cards).

FYI (to anyone else) i did not clone the VM's - each were installed fresh - but this seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again!

Bipul

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:10 AM