GALcontacts file issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Has anyone had an issue with MOC 2007 to and EE OCS with dual pools of the MOC being able to read the file correctly..???

I'm able to read enough of the file, with notepad, to see some info coming down from the ABS server to the clients... The Galcontacts.db file updates each time I log in to the MOC... In the file share location, on one of my SQLs, The files are updated every night about 1:30..

The MOCs are not displaying the actual contact info, etc. phone numbers... So the numbers have to be entered manually... The numbers associated with the users, are in the file... What is the next thing to check or is there a fix??

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:54 PM

Answers

• This is the correct answer and a surprise!

+1 format is required.  OC treats numbers it receives via ABS as fully normalized, and if tel-URI validation fails it will not return that contact in the search result.

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:37 PM

All replies

• Yes..we also have issues with this but we know what the problem is now.... you can read more about it in the following post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1593644&SiteID=57

/Thomas
    Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:06 AM
  • Thanks for the reply...

My issue is just a little different ...

I am getting the GAL file to the clients and it is being updated each time I log into the clients..I can open ( to some degree) the file with Notepad and see the usernames and contact info there..Problem is, the fields within the MOC is NOT being populated correctly. So when i use the drop down for different phone numbers, there are no numbers that show up for the users..

Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:00 PM
  • This is the correct answer and a surprise!

+1 format is required.  OC treats numbers it receives via ABS as fully normalized, and if tel-URI validation fails it will not return that contact in the search result.

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:37 PM