locked
CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Add in / windows login issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • Basically there is this one single user that is having this issue.


    I'm in the process of getting the URL for CRM 4.0 configured, but in the meantime I have a remote office (in another state) with users on CRM 4.0 accessing it via outlook client addin over VPN.

    The issue is, this one user for some odd reason keeps getting the windows login (not crm login) but windows login asking for username and pass when she accesses ACCOUNTS ONLY in crm...not leads...not reports or anything else....just ACCOUNTS.

    the login screen i'm mentioning is similar to the exchange login if you use it. If you put in her credentials...it allows you access....if you hit cancel...it allows you access still...but if you try to access another account it asks for the login pass again (???????)

    no other user in that entire company is having this issue, so I'm Isolating it down to the outlook client in some way..maybe IE.

    the outlook configuration is the same as mine basically. Just wondering why this one user? Why does it only ask when accessing accounts?

    I ran the diagnostics and everything was fine. When she fires up outlook the crm add in authenticates fine. She can access everything else fine. SHe has all the permissions and isnt' denied access to anything other than deleting.

    ????????...any thing off the top of the head team?
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:12 PM

Answers

  • I've seen an example of this a couple of times with PCs that had a lot of miles (and gunkware) on them. In one case, clearing the cache in IE, resetting IE to original settings and also removing the saved username and passwords, both in IE and saved credentials in windows (control panel) eventualy resolved it.  We never were able to nail exactly what it was.

    In another case when we logged in as a different user on the same pc, we didn't experience the issue, so we deleted the user's profile on that pc (after backing up all documents, of course) and let windows re-create it.
    Scott Sewell http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:53 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I've seen an example of this a couple of times with PCs that had a lot of miles (and gunkware) on them. In one case, clearing the cache in IE, resetting IE to original settings and also removing the saved username and passwords, both in IE and saved credentials in windows (control panel) eventualy resolved it.  We never were able to nail exactly what it was.

    In another case when we logged in as a different user on the same pc, we didn't experience the issue, so we deleted the user's profile on that pc (after backing up all documents, of course) and let windows re-create it.
    Scott Sewell http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:53 AM
    Moderator
  •  Thanks Scott! I will perform a "clean up", and let you know the outcome.

    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:58 PM