Developer Resources Problem CRM On premise 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• The problem:-

While i open Service Endpoints in Developer resources , i am getting this Error

"HTTP Error 404 : The Requested Resource is not found."

I accessed the CRM Server using IP Address from my system and another System(Connected through LAN). 

Before this Problem i was  able to access my CRM Server with <name> Like

Ex abc[dot]com but now i have to access it with IP Address.

Example: 

My Discovery and Org Service is Like

Computer Name/...../Discovery[dot]svc

Computer Name/Org Name/...../Organization[dot]svc

What i did was replace Computer Name with IP Address and it worked. i need to change everytime the Computer Name to IP address. 

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? i dont want to change the Computer Name everytime :(

Thank You

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:54 AM

All replies

• plea se try to access the machine with fqdn. If it works, then you have a dns issue.

try to open a command prompt as administrator and type ipconfig/flushdns

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:12 AM
  • plea se try to access the machine with fqdn. If it works, then you have a dns issue.

try to open a command prompt as administrator and type ipconfig/flushdns

regards

Jithesh

Could you please provide the Method on how to access the CRM Server with FQDN? :(

Sorry i am Newbie.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:30 AM
  • For example, http://crm.mydomain.local

Where "crm" is the name of your organization. Be sure to include the port number if CRM is not installed on port 80.

Please feel free to contact me via any of the following methods:

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:28 AM

• Where "crm" is the name of your organization. Be sure to include the port number if CRM is not installed on port 80.

Yes the Server is installed on port 80. i tried replacing crm with my org name but in vain. The problem still persists.

The Error at Developer resource Endpoints is still there.

Error: 404 The requested resource not found

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:25 AM
  • hi,

basically, open a new command prompt and ping to your server. It will sow the FQDN.try to access using this. Usually it is machinename.domain name.

other option is to login to the server and open internet service manager and browse - or open the url on actual server to see if everything is ok.

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:50 AM