none
Not receiving email notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I've been using a gmail account for many years for obtaining alerts here. Yesterday I switched from a gmail account to a comcast account. Received an email to verify I made this request, responded to verify the change in email address.  

It's been roughly 24 hours and have yet to receive any email alerts for my changed email address which is comcast.

Any thoughts?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, June 12, 2020 7:14 PM

Answers

• I'd try removing, save, re-add the email alert setup. Also note the points and activity have been broken for a couple of days now (which they're working on) so may have also affected this service although its working for me.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 12, 2020 7:28 PM

All replies

• I'd try removing, save, re-add the email alert setup. Also note the points and activity have been broken for a couple of days now (which they're working on) so may have also affected this service although its working for me.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 12, 2020 7:28 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I did remove and added back in, waited and still have not received any alerts. As mentioned it may be from work being done and hopefully not from something to do with using a comcast domain as I vaguely remember either here or some other site not liking comcast but could be wrong in regards to this site not working with Comcast. 

Will wait and see what happens when work is done and report back here for others to know what had transpired.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Saturday, June 13, 2020 10:21 AM
  • You can also send an email to fissues just in case.

Saturday, June 13, 2020 12:33 PM
  • Well the email alerts are coming through now which happened about the same time as other things in the forum that were broken unbroke.

StackOverFlow

Friday, June 19, 2020 4:26 PM
  • Glad to hear its working again.

Friday, June 19, 2020 4:31 PM