Capturing spelled voice RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need to create an application where I prompt the user to spell their firstname and lastname so I can save this information in a database. I was initially going to use the Record Message activity to record this info in a wav file and then have someone listen to the recordings and transcribe the info but figured there must be a way to do this using speech reco.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 12:33 PM

Answers

• I did this a little while ago using a rule for the letters and linking them in a rule for a word. The only problem seemed to be that the recognition wasn't that precise for detecting which letter was being said. Perhaps there are better ways of defining the letter pronunciations.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:18 AM

All replies

• Have you tried a grammar that allows the user to spell out the input?
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 6:35 AM
  • I did this a little while ago using a rule for the letters and linking them in a rule for a word. The only problem seemed to be that the recognition wasn't that precise for detecting which letter was being said. Perhaps there are better ways of defining the letter pronunciations.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:18 AM
  • Hi Angel,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? If resolved, can you share your resolution with the forums?

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:30 PM
  • I tried using a grammar but as mentioned in GuyB4742's post the letter reco does'nt work well and makes for a bad user experience. I'd have to prompt the user to select a letter for in cases like m, n.

ie. Did you say m or n?

Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was getting calls for the Movie Phone and he couldn't understand the DTMF Tones.

Actually that would make a great add campaign if Speech Server was a stand along product.

Get a real speech platform, anything else is just Kramer!

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:58 PM
  • Hi, all !

I need similar solution in my VXML-project now ;(

Client want to grab text fileds values like firstname, lastname, etc which can not be stored for predefined grammar values

Could you share any working rules+grammar or any other solutions ?

PS.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:00 PM