none
64 bit MFC opengl works in debug but not in release version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS2013, win 8.1 and creating a 64 bit MFC app to display point data in opengl. The debug version works fine, but the release version ignores the colours and draws everything red.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Moved by Hart Wang Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:24 AM
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you get other error message when you are using release version of OpenGL.

I am not sure that OpenGL cause the issue.  you could consult the OpenGL support.

I will move the case to off-topic forum

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Hart Wang Monday, May 1, 2017 5:45 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 5:44 AM
  • Thank you. Yes you are right, it was not the debugger. I have 2 graphics cards on my computer. The Debugger seemed to work with the NVDIA card, the release version worked with the intel one. Once I forced the NVDIA to work with the Release version - problem solved. How can I trap this error?
    • Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:38 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description. You need to force the release version of code working on NVDIA, then the problem is solved.

Based on my search, I cannot find out method to trap this error.

I think you can use yourself method to force code working on NVDIA.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hey Hart,

its OK being clever after the event. I think you should have left this where it was for others to see. And even for me to find again in a few years if I come accross the same problem. BTW you are wrong, the error is trapable. Someone else has given me the opengl calls to check the graphic card, so if its not using the NVDIA it flags a warning.

Regards

Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:17 PM