can not recover data from back up disks due to new hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I just had to replace the hard drive in my computer and I had backed everything up on the back up disks made through one care and when I got my computer back there is a message that shows up when the disks are put in the computer that says because the disks were not made on this computer (or hard drive) they will not back anything up... I need thoes files is there any thing I can do?
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:57 PM

Answers

• When you start the restore wizard select "Restore files from another computer" and you should be able to restore your files.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:14 AM

All replies

• When you start the restore wizard select "Restore files from another computer" and you should be able to restore your files.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:14 AM
  • And just to be clear, with the new hard drive in the PC, you first need to reinstall Windows and then OneCare or the OneCare Restore Utility (link at top of this forum) in order to restore your data. OneCare does not backup your programs, operating system, or settings.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:49 PM
  • Thank you guys for that, i had same problem and thanks to you it's now solved
    San Diego Audio Video | | San Diego Home Theater | | San Diego LCD | | San Diego Plasma
    Friday, December 4, 2009 5:08 PM