none
Add option to sort forum items by number of answers Ascending RRS feed

• Question

• When in the mood for answering other users' questions I'd like to only watch threads not having received an answer yet.

Thus it would be very feasible to have a sorting option that's sorting unanswered threads by "AnswerCount ASC, LastUpdate DESC".

Currently it looks like this sorting option isn't available. Or couldn't I just find it?

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Visual Studio/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the 'Filter' option to select only unanswered questions:

You can leave the 'Sort' option as 'Most recent post' and you should see the latest threads at the top of the list.

Perhaps I'm not clear on what you're looking for though.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Yes, that's absolutely right. Yet I noticed that many of the answers there often do already have a reply yet.

I want to stick to the questions that have not yet received any answer yet, even those of the poor chaps who are waiting for quite some time to get an answer.

When I'm in the right mood, I'd like to answer questions quite impulsive. I wouldn't want to browse for questions which haven't received an answer yet.

My goal would be to perform above mentioned query and open, say, the uppermost 5 questions in another browser tab. Right from the start. After that I would want to answer them (if I could).

Doing the same currently requires me to browse a number of pages before I would have my 5 unanswered questions ready. This leaves me losing my mood for answering.

Well, this is only my personal preference of doing things, of course. But perhaps other users would also want to vote for such an improvement?

Working with SQL Server/Visual Studio/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

• Edited by BetterToday Monday, January 12, 2015 7:27 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2015 7:25 PM
  • Try adding in a check next to the 'No replies' checkbox on the Filter list. That will now only show unanswered threads that no one has replied to yet. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but that should get you a view of the loneliest threads out there.

• Marked as answer by BetterToday Monday, January 12, 2015 9:26 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2015 7:28 PM
  • Marvellous!

Thanks a lot for pointing me.

Case closed.

Monday, January 12, 2015 9:26 PM
  • Cheers, you're very welcome. Glad it worked out.

Monday, January 12, 2015 9:26 PM