User Account Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I created a user name for my computer AFTER I connected to it as Administrator , it warned me that my User name for MY client did not have a user account on the server and I should make one , so I did.

But now I cannot connect to my account from my PC with my user account , it keeps telling me that my password is wrong , I have verified that the passwords match but it still will not work.

When I ask for the password hint it asks me the Admin password question so I'm assuming it no longer thinks of me as a user but only as the administrator.

However I log on to my PC using a user account.......I'm confused.

Any suggestions?

Need more info?? just ask I am eager to clear this up.

Thanks for any help

Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:07 AM

Answers

•  I got it figured out , I can't even remember how I was so tired last , but all is good , all files being shared , can log on from work , edit server shared folders , my 3 home computers from remote desktop , and the server desktop itself , XBox 360 is viewing files music and movies , and shes run'n Cool & Quiet!!!

life is good right now and I LOVE my WHS!!

thanks for everyones help here ,

JBB

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:22 AM

All replies

• It might be best to uninstall the connector software and remove the pc and user from the WHS.  Then start again.  Be sure to move any files you have from that user folder before getting rid of it..
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:26 AM
  •  I got it figured out , I can't even remember how I was so tired last , but all is good , all files being shared , can log on from work , edit server shared folders , my 3 home computers from remote desktop , and the server desktop itself , XBox 360 is viewing files music and movies , and shes run'n Cool & Quiet!!!

life is good right now and I LOVE my WHS!!

thanks for everyones help here ,

JBB

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:22 AM