Pre Sales Support RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing Windows One Care Small Business for my business.  I've been reading over the OneCare website and noticed that for an additional fee I can get 50 gigabytes online for 'Photo Backup.'  I'm curious as to if this is just online photo backup, or if this could be used as secure offsite backup for my One Care backups.  Ideally I'd like to just set One Care to automatically dump backups onto this space as needed so I don't need to manually upload backups (or write a script to do it).

Ideally my backup solution is:

1.  Local One Care Server

-External Hard Drives upon which multiple historical backups of each computer protected are kept

2.  Offsite

-Key areas such as user files on my file server, company databases, the My Documents folders of my Users, etc are grabbed, encrypted and automatically uploaded onto secure file space. 

So I guess basically my question is how much of Part 2 is One Care capable of doing automatically and how much would I have to script myself.

Thanks,

Carrick

PS:  If anyone knows a sales support email or something for OneCare please let me know.  I poked around the documentation and wasn't able to find any kind of address you could contact Microsoft at with pre-Sales questions.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:43 PM

Answers

• The OneCare Photo backup is exactly that - photos only.

The configuration of backup to use an external drive will create a backup set. Each subsequent backup from each subscribed PC is incremental. It isn't designed for you to copy these backups off site, though you certainly can, if desired.

The best place to get specific answers for OneCare would be via the support channel. A trial user can obtain free email support, which includes answering questions as needed.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:52 PM