none
Need help but how ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every body,

I am Javed from Pakistan,  I just downloaded Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial version for practice.  This is 180days trial version but how can i register for 180 days to get updates.  I got no email from Microsoft regarding this downloading and use.   What should i do ??? 

Thank you Seniors.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi, you can use windows update service which is running in the server by default without any registration. Simply install the server, go to start menu, select windows update and you are set.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:23 AM
  • Hi Javed. No registration is required to use this software. Simply install it and use it, and activate it when required.

You will be required to activate it eventually, but you can do this any time within the activation grace period which the software will notify you of. You can even activate it immediately if you want.

You don't require any correspondence from Microsoft to use this trial software, and you can start checking for updates immediately after installation. No registration is required for updates or use.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Javed. No registration is required to use this software. Simply install it and use it, and activate it when required.

You will be required to activate it eventually, but you can do this any time within the activation grace period which the software will notify you of. You can even activate it immediately if you want.

You don't require any correspondence from Microsoft to use this trial software, and you can start checking for updates immediately after installation. No registration is required for updates or use.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Hi, you can use windows update service which is running in the server by default without any registration. Simply install the server, go to start menu, select windows update and you are set.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:23 AM