Saving hj split files (.001) from web, file extension changes automatically RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to download a file that was split with hj split .001, The save dialog changes from .001, .oo2, etc... to .mpeg, .avi, .wmv and the like instead of keeping the original file extension. Does windows automatically change file extensions, or is this a web browser issue. As far as I'm concerned, the downloaded file extension should never be changed no matter what. Please help if there is a fix for this.
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 3:11 AM

All replies

• I think I'm having a similar problem if not the same thing. I'm on Windows Vista also...

Whenever I down load multiple .avi files that need to be joined together with HJSplit (only avi files are affected), the first file shows an extension of (IE. CBB.avi.001.avi) and HJSplit doesn't recognize it with that last .avi on there and I can't get rid of it. I don't have this problem with wmv or mpg files...only avi's...Is this the same thing you are experiencing???

Thanks,
    Jason
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:33 PM
  • I' ve ever met the same problem and can fixed it. You could go to Tools > Folder Options > View, then unclick "hide extensions of known files". For now, you could rename the file extension from "CBB.avi.001.avi" to "CBB.avi.001". You have to change all file extensions in each split files consequently, then those files can join with HJSplit. It's work, I reccommend!!!
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:43 AM
  • thanks a lot
    Friday, March 28, 2008 2:20 PM