none
Download problem RRS feed

• Question

• I've set "automatic updates" but get message "you need active x controls installed, right click on message bar above.."  but there is no message bar and I've right-clicked all over the page.  I have had continual problems with downloading.  To try to correct, I have put microsoft update on my trusted sites list; and even temporarily disabled my Norton System Works virus blocker.  I do not have windows firewall in operation.  Any advice? Something seems to be blocking - I've talked to various technical help when I've tried to download updates from the web - no solutions.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 6, 2006 7:40 PM

Answers

•  LydiaJ wrote:
    I've set "automatic updates" but get message "you need active x controls installed, right click on message bar above.."  but there is no message bar and I've right-clicked all over the page.  I have had continual problems with downloading.  To try to correct, I have put microsoft update on my trusted sites list; and even temporarily disabled my Norton System Works virus blocker.  I do not have windows firewall in operation.  Any advice? Something seems to be blocking - I've talked to various technical help when I've tried to download updates from the web - no solutions.  Thanks.

Try going to Internet Explorer then choose: "Tools">  "Internet Options" >"Security " tab and ensure "internet " is highlighted. Then select the "default Level" buttom to restore IE defaults. Close all IE sessions and then try again

hth

davae

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:59 PM

All replies

• Sometimes it can take a fair while, up to 60 seconds because your browser downloads the whole control and then displays it.  How long are you waiting before "right clicked all over the page"?
    :-)
    Tuesday, June 6, 2006 8:57 PM
  •  LydiaJ wrote:
    I've set "automatic updates" but get message "you need active x controls installed, right click on message bar above.."  but there is no message bar and I've right-clicked all over the page.  I have had continual problems with downloading.  To try to correct, I have put microsoft update on my trusted sites list; and even temporarily disabled my Norton System Works virus blocker.  I do not have windows firewall in operation.  Any advice? Something seems to be blocking - I've talked to various technical help when I've tried to download updates from the web - no solutions.  Thanks.

Try going to Internet Explorer then choose: "Tools">  "Internet Options" >"Security " tab and ensure "internet " is highlighted. Then select the "default Level" buttom to restore IE defaults. Close all IE sessions and then try again

hth

davae

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:59 PM
  • ich will das program nicht mer haben in mein computer "GENUINE" DANKE FUR VERSTANDEN
    Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:08 PM