locked
SSRS Report Upload Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello all,

    I am trying to upload an SSRS report to CRM 2011 Online, and am getting the following error and message:

     

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.Detail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147188072</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic">
        <KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
          <d2p1:key>CallStack</d2p1:key>
          <d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.VersionedPluginProxyStepBase.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.Pipeline.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExternalMessageDispatcher.ExecuteInternal(IInProcessOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory, IPlatformMessageDispatcherFactory dispatcherFactory, String messageName, String requestName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, ParameterCollection fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId, Guid transactionContextId, Int32 invocationSource, Nullable`1 requestId, Version endpointVersion)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(IInProcessOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory, IPlatformMessageDispatcherFactory dispatcherFactory, String messageName, String requestName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, ParameterCollection fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId, Guid transactionContextId, Int32 invocationSource, Nullable`1 requestId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)</d2p1:value>
        </KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
      </ErrorDetails>
      <Message>An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.</Message>
      <Timestamp>2011-06-20T17:42:03.5857871Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

     

    From my bit of research, this usually is the result of one of three problems:

    1. The report's data source is incorrect.
    2. The report uses SSRS functions not supported by CRM.
    3. CRM is using SQL Server 2008, whereas I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 to build the report (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2491352).

    I changed the data source to the appropriate production environment prior to the upload, so it's not (1).  Running the report in BIDS against the production data source works fine.

    I tested the report in another CRM Online environment and it works fine, so it can't be (2) and it can't be that I am doing anything unsupported.

    Not knowing the internal implementation of CRM 2011 Online, I can't guarantee it's not (3), but since it works in other CRM instances I'm inclined to believe it also cannot be the problem.  Are different instances of CRM 2011 Online implemented using different instances of SQL Server?  That would be quite strange.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:12 PM

Answers

  • As it ends up, I contacted Microsoft and they found that I was using an unsupported function to format dates.  Modifying that fixed it for me.  Why I was able to use the report just fine in our Staging CRM Online environment I have NO IDEA.  But this is resolved.
    • Marked as answer by kjlane Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

  • Knowing that this may not help, I just try to jump in to offer an opinion, at least help bump this thread.

    Based on your information, I doubt it's problem (3). Unless you have used R2 specific reporting functions, the reports from R2 should work on 2008. And also I am relatively sure that CRM online team is running the latest SQL server (I could be wrong). So I would recommend approach CRM online team about your problem, it could be an issue specific to your account.


    Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Thank you for your response Daniel!

    I was hoping it wouldn't have to come down to contacting Microsoft, but it looks like the only choice at this point.

    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:37 PM
  • As it ends up, I contacted Microsoft and they found that I was using an unsupported function to format dates.  Modifying that fixed it for me.  Why I was able to use the report just fine in our Staging CRM Online environment I have NO IDEA.  But this is resolved.
    • Marked as answer by kjlane Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:30 PM